Teeth that are not aligned in the right way can make people feel self-conscious and can have a severe effect on confidence. Poor tooth alignment can also lead to people having problems with chewing or even speaking. These problems should not be ignored. Anyone that has a problem with crooked or incorrectly aligned teeth should seek help from a specialist in orthodontic treatments.
These specialists have the expertise to correct issues with the alignment of teeth, using any of several different methods. Traditionally metal braces have been the most common choice of treatment. However, they are often not very comfortable to wear, and wearers often feel that these braces have a detrimental effect on their appearance. Invisalign is a popular alternative to metal braces.
What is the Invisalign system?
The Invisalign system, which is also known as Invisalign braces, is a less obvious form of teeth straightening. It’s ideal for people who want the benefits of straighter teeth but are concerned about wearing obvious metal braces. Teeth straightening with Invisalign usually takes less time than using traditional braces and there are several different products in the system which suit the needs of different individuals.
How does Invisalign straighten teeth?
Invisalign braces are actually clear plastic aligners that are worn over the teeth and cover the entire arch. They are difficult to see, so do not have an adverse effect on appearance. They are also comfortable to wear. The process of straightening teeth using the Invisalign system normally takes around 12-18 months, depending on individual circumstances.
People of any age can use Invisalign braces but they are not suitable for everyone. A consultation with an orthodontics professional is required before any treatment can begin.
Different Invisalign products
Each individual is different, as is each case of teeth misalignment. This is why there are several different Invisalign products which can be used as part of the treatment process. Here are some of the Invisalign products which are available.
- Invisalign teen is specifically aimed at teenagers and includes a compliance reminder system. The aligners are also designed in a way that accommodates the appearance of new teeth.
- Invisalign lite is intended for use in cases were problems with alignment are mild to moderate.
- Invisalign full is the main product which is used to correct a range of teeth alignment issues.
- Invisalign express is quicker than the full process and can be used when correction requirements are minor. There are 5-10 fewer treatments, depending on which express system is used. The process normally takes 3-6 months).
- Invisalign Vivera Retainers can be worn after Invisalign treatment to secure the new positioning of teeth.